Monday, October 31, 2011

Canal Trail


Almost every day, I walk or run along the canal trail behind our house.  I always enjoy this outing, and it has become a ritual of relaxation for me.  Under the guise of exercising the dog, I traipse up the hillside and off I go into a world all my own for a half an hour to an hour or so.  The scenery is beautiful, but it has become so familiar to me from seeing it so often that I rarely think to photograph it. The other day I was so struck by the intensity of fall colors along the trail, I returned to the house to get my camera.  I didn’t take any panoramic shots at all.  Instead, I found myself lost in macro mode, discovering textures and details that I had never seen before.  I came back from my walk refreshed and exhilarated, humbled by all of the beauty that I had been missing as I walked right past it every day.




















1 comment:

Nana said...

several lovely shots - my fave is #16